SOME THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN EDITING THIS WEBSITE
Editing page and post content
- The main pages‘ content should always be edited by using the “Edit with Elementor” option, except the “Events” page.
- The “Events” page has no editable content, it is automatically filled with posts.
- Create and edit event articles using the “Posts” feature.
- Posts are NOT edited with Elementor, simply choose “Edit” from the Posts overview, NOT “Edit with Elementor”.
Posts (= Events) setup
- Posts should always have a featured image. If none is available, use the image “EventImg_default” as fallback.
- The post content must start with a text block containing the word “Date“. This block must be followed by a horizontal rule.
- Insert a second horizontal rule after the Presenters’ and Registration link block, it looks better.
- It’s easiest to create new posts by duplicating one of the existing ones so that the formatting and elements are already in place, then just replace the text content as required.
- Always remember to add an excerpt to the article, the text field for this is below the main text field. The excerpt is shown on the Events landing page.
- When creating a post for an older event, don’t forget to manually set the post’s publishing date accordingly, in the past.
- Always make sure the year is included in the event date
- To add an organizer on the main page, it’s best to copy one of the existing image blocks, then replace the image and the caption.
- On the individual organizers’ pages, the menu in the side bar ist created automatically from the page names and the featured images attached to those pages.
- When copying text from an external source (such as Word documents) to use in a page or post, always use the “Paste as Text” option in the text editor (the little “T” icon).